"Supporting Youth and Families
to Make Healthy Choices"
What we want to Accomplish ...
- Strengthen bonds between youth and adults.
- Build skills necessary for youth to become healthy, mature adults.
- Provide opportunities for youth to have meaningful involvement in the community.
- Provide recognition for such involvement.
- Communicate and model healthy beliefs and clear life standards.
- Build Community by working with schools and other service organizations in Springfield.
- Create a working partnership with parents.
We will support and promote teen-planned, substance-free events and activities.
We will support training teens and staff in leadership programs and in research-based curriculum.
We will support the Springfield Police Department through building community awareness of town ordinances that affect alcohol, drug and tobacco use by underage youth.
We will increase public awareness of positive youth action and activities through newspapers, radio, public service announcements and our public access TV.
We will work to increase business and government participation in supporting teens through Asset building activities and mentoring opportunities.
The Springfield Prevention Coalition welcomes community participation at our meetings and at the events we host.
You are invited to join in on the planning and implementation of this important community-based group.
If you are interested in joining one or our committees*, mentoring a youth, providing support to our restorative justice program or participating in our Coalition, please call the number above.
How you can help? ...
Browse this site or call 802-885-8706 for more info on our organization or how you can prevent substance abuse in your own life, in your family, in your school, community, state, or country.